The 'Inspired By' John Lennon Casino Semi-Acoustic Guitar offers the professional musician the same key features as Epiphone's acclaimed John Lennon signature USA Casinos, but at a more affordable price.
In 1966, during the recording of "Revolver," John Lennon and George Harrison each acquired vintage sunburst Epiphone Casino guitars. The 1965 Casino is a reproduction of the original guitar John purchased with its sunburst finish and stock hardware. Attention to detail includes the correct "burst" pattern and front and back, neck joint at the 16th fret (instead of the 17th), vintage style tuners with small metal buttons, black washer around the toggle switch and the historically accurate rectangle "blue label" inside the sound hole.
In 1968, John had his Casino sanded down to the bare wood and covered with a thin, dull finish. During that time, he also replaced the tuners with Gold Grovers and removed the pickguard. He first used this "natural" Casino during "The White Album" sessions in 1968. The "Inspired by" Revolution Casino is a reproduction of this stripped guitar and as it also remains today.
Each "Inspired by" Casino includes a hard case while the Revolution version also includes the unattached pickguard and mounting bracket.
As with all Epiphone Lennon guitars, a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each goes to the BMI Foundation for the John Lennon Scholarship Fund which supports music education. Backed by Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 day Customer Service, these new "Inspired by" Casinos capture the essence of the 1960's and the Beatles with their authentic looks, specifications and one-of-kind sound and feel that only a Casino has. Pickup one today and start a Revolution!
- Body Material - Laminated Maple
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Neck Shape - SlimTaper
- Neck Joint - Glued-In; 16th fret
- Truss Rod - Adjustable
- Scale Length - 24.75"
- Fingerboard - Rosewood with pearloid "Parallelogram" inlays
- Bridge Pickup - Gibson USA P-90T
- Neck Pickup - Gibson USA P-90R
- Controls - Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, Switchcraft 3-way toggle, Switchcraft 1/4" Jack
- Binding - Body and Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Radius - 14"
- Frets - 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge - Tune-o-matic
- Nut Width - 1-11/16"
- Hardware - Black
- Machine Heads - (1965 - VS) Vintage-style; 14:1 ratio with small metal buttons (Revolution - LN) Gold Grovers
- Includes - Hard Case, Unattached Pickgaurd/Mounting Hardware (Revolution ONLY)