The Epiphone Sheraton semi-acoustic Guitar was the axe of choice for John Lee Hooker, and you too can work your own mojo with great sustain and tone, whilst looking the part too!
The Epiphone Sheraton-II, once hailed by Blues Legend John Lee Hooker as "An out-did 335", combines perfect semi-hollowbody tone with impeccable looks.
In 1958, the first Epiphone guitars made in the Gibson Kalamazoo factory were produced. Also in that same year, Gibson introduced its Electric Spanish (ES) collection, which included the legendary ES-335 semi-hollowbody, which was largely inspired directly from Les Paul's original "Log" design. Les' Log was made from Epiphone parts and a 4" x 4" piece of pinewood at the Epiphone factory in New York seventeen years earlier in 1941. The feedback-resistant qualities of the ES-335 was combined with historic Epiphone inlays and cosmetics to create the first Epiphone Sheraton in 1959. While the original Sheraton featured a split-trapeze Frequensator(TM) tailpiece, this Sheraton-II features a Stopbar tailpiece for improved sustain.
Voiced with a pair of Epiphone's Alnico Classic(TM) Humbucker pickups for authentic vintage tone, this guitar is constructed with a gorgeous Maple neck, a traditional laminated body with a Mahogany center block for amazing tone and sustain that works well for a wide range of musical genres including Rock, Blues or Jazz.
Add a Rosewood fingerboard and gold hardware and then... make it even more gorgeous with the historic "Tree of Life" headstock inlay with "Block and Triangle" Pearl/Abalone fretboard inlays and you've got the complete package. The Gold hardware includes Grover(TM) machine heads for superior tuning stability, Epiphone's exclusive LockTone(TM) locking Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece for increased sustain, as well as full-size 1" 500K potentiometers with Epiphone's superior all-metal toggle switch and heavy-duty output jack.
The Epiphone Sheraton II is backed by the Epiphone Lifetime Limited Warranty featuring Gibson 24/7/360 Customer Service that guarantees the instrument against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Body Material - Laminated Maple
- Top Material - Laminated Maple
- Neck Material - Hard Maple
- Neck Shape - SlimTaper(TM)
- Neck Joint - Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length - 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood w/"block and triangle" inlays; Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Binding - Multi-Headstock, Multi-Neck, Multi-Body
- Headstock - Large Clipped Ear with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut Width - 1.68"
- Hardware - Gold
- Machine Heads - Grover(TM)
- Neck Pickup - Alnico Classic(TM) Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup - Alnico Classic(TM) Humbucker
- Controls - 2-Volume, 2-Tone
- Pickup Selector - 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Bridge - Epiphone LockTone(TM) Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece - Epiphone LockTone(TM) Stop Bar
- Pickguard - Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with metal "E"