Richard Knight: AQA AS Music Study Guide 4th Edition
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
This study guide can be used throughout your AQA AS Music course to reinforce your school work, and follows the syllabus for exams to be taken in summer 2012 and onwards.
- Advice on how to listen and what to listen for in Unit 1, Section A: listening
- A detailed study of Beethoven's First Symphony, movements 1 and 2, for Unit 1, Section B
- Clear, helpful introductions to the areas of study for Section C: Baroque Choral Music, Musicals 1940-1980, and British Popular Music from 1960
- Guidance for Unit 2: Creating Musical Ideas, looking at what is involved in Brief A compositional techniques, Brief B free composition or pastiche, and Brief C arranging
Advice on what is required for Unit 3
- Interpreting Musical Ideas
A glossary explaining all the important musical terms you will need to know.
It is written in a clear and helpful style, and illustrated throughout with musical examples to explain the concepts you will encounter in the music. Sample exam-style questions at the end of sections provide exam practice during the year.