MP3 files for the dictation exercises are available to download by clicking here
This book contains a series of questions that will help you to fully prepare for Unit 6 (Further Musical Understanding) of your GCE exam. It has been carefully written to match the requirements of the new Edexcel A2 Music specification; the content relates to the set works that you will study for examination in 2012, 2013 or 2014. You can use this book for coursework or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam.
- Listening tests that help you to prepare for Section A of the written paper
- Practice questions for Sections B and C of the written paper
- Over 20 dictation exercises that are valuable practice for the Aural Awareness question
- Helpful hints and advice to enable you to do your best
- A comprehensive glossary that explains all of the terms you need to know.
Model answers to all of the questions and a full track listing can be found at the back of the book.
A CD containing all the tracks needed to tackle these tests is available separately.Hugh Benham
read Music and English at Southampton University, where he was awarded a Ph.D for his study of the music of John Taverner. He is a chair of examiners for GCE Music, an in-service trainer, church organist, and writer, and formerly taught music in a sixth-form college.Alistair Wightman
has worked in primary, secondary and further education, and continues to teach at the Staffordshire County Council School for talented young musicians. He is also a freelance teacher and writer, and serves as a principal examiner in music history and analysis in A-level music with one of the English examination boards.