Debbie Cracknell: Enjoy Playing Guitar - Tutor Book 1 (Book/CD)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
- Accommodates one-to-one or group teaching
- Over 70 pieces in a range of styles, including originals plus arrangements of well-known tunes
- Supporting creative activities covering improvisation, playing by ear, and accompanying using basic chords and ostinatos
- Detailed illustrations showing best posture and hand/finger positions
- CD of play-alongs for school performance or practising at home
This revised edition of Enjoy Playing Guitar: Tutor Book 1 is the ultimate resource for all beginner guitarists. It introduces the basics of classical guitar playing and musical concepts through an approach that is clear, progressive, and carefully paced. It includes tailored solos, duets, and trios in a range of styles, and it develops musicianship through activities in improvisation, playing by ear, and the art of accompanying. To consolidate learning, there are helpful reminders and quizzes covering musical knowledge, plus a CD with over 70 play-along tracks. Encouraging self-directed learning outside as well as during lessons, this is the perfect book for today's aspiring player.
About The Author
Debbie Cracknell studied guitar and piano at Trinity College of Music in London and graduated with licentiate diplomas in both instruments. Since then she has been teaching as a peripatetic guitar teacher for Buckinghamshire County Council. Her very successful series, Enjoy Playing Guitar, has been followed by many solo and ensemble works aimed mainly at beginners and those in the early grades.