George Frideric Handel: Ode For Saint Cecilia's Day (Full Score)
We aim to get back to you within the hour, during shop hours (please see store details), to confirm your reservation. If you do not hear from us then please resend the request.
Full score for ST or SAT soloists, SATB chorus and Orchestra.
- Recitative - From harmony, from heav'nly harmony
- Chorus - From harmony, from heav'nly harmony
- Air (Soprano) - What passion cannot music raise and quell?
- Air (Tenor) and Chorus - The trumpet's loud clangour
- La Marche
- Air (Soprano) - The soft complaining flute
- Air (Alto) - The soft complaining flute
- Air (Tenor or Soprano 2) - Sharp violins proclaim
- Air (Soprano) - But oh! what art can teach?
- Air (Soprano) - Orpheus could lead the savage race
- Recitative (Soprano) - But bright Cecilia rais'd the wonder high'r
- Soprano and Chorus - As from the pow'r of sacred lays
- 2 Oboes
- 2 Bassoon
- 2 Trumpets
- Continuo (Harpsichord, Organ, and optional Lute)
Includes performance instruction and extensive preface by the editor, Donald Burrows.