Compact and feature packed
The latest addition to the top-selling CUBE amp family (with over a million sold) is the CUBE-XL series. Small yet mighty, the 20XL is an affordable yet powerful new member of the XL family.
The CUBE-20XL delivers 20 watts of output through a high-performance 8" custom speaker. The compact size is perfect for practice at home and band rehearsals, and is conveniently portable. There are two discrete channels, JC Clean and Lead, plus Solo mode for extra boost. Six Boss Lead types are provided, including the new Extreme setting. Nine effects are onboard, including Heavy Octave, COSM vintage Spring Reverb, and Power Squeezer for full gain at low volume. An Aux Input allows portable music players to be connected for jamming, while the onboard tuning fork lets you tune your guitar without un-plugging.
- 20-watt guitar amp with 8” high-performance speaker
- Two channels: Independent JC Clean and Lead plus Solo function for extra boost
- Boss FX onboard: six Lead types, including the new Extreme amp
- Nine effects, including the new Heavy Octave and COSM vintage Spring Reverb
- Power Squeezer for full gain at low volume
- Convenient audible tuner lets you tune your guitar without un-plugging
The CUBE-20XL offers two switchable channels: JC Clean and Lead. The Lead channel provides six COSM-powered choices, including Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, Metal Stack, Acoustic Simulator, and the new Extreme. The JC Clean channel provides pure, transparent tone. Channel switching can be carried out from the top panel or via optional footswitch (Boss FS series, sold separately).
The CUBE-20XL's EFX section provides six types of great-sounding digital effects, including Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Heavy Octave, plus independent Delay and COSM Spring Reverb. For hands-free selection, an optional footswitch can be used to switch the EFX on and off.
Tuner and aux input
The handy built-in tuner lets you tune while your guitar is connected to the CUBE-20XL. Manual and Chromatic tuning modes are provided. The Tuning Fork function conveniently emits a reference pitch if you wish to hear an audible tone. The Aux Input can accept a portable music player for jam-along sessions with your favourite songs and backing tracks.
Composite Object Sound Modelling (COSM) is Roland’s innovative and powerful sound-modelling technology. COSM analyses the many factors that make up the original sound, such as the electrical and physical characteristics of the original, and then produces a digital model that can reproduce the same sound. In designing the CUBE-XL series, Roland meticulously analysed and modelled an array of world-class amps and effects to bring you the versatile and authentic tone palette that these amps provide.
- Rated Power Output: 20 Watts
- Nominal Input Level Input: -10 dBu/1 M ohm
- Aux In: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 20 cm (8 inches)
- Power Switch, Select Switch, Tuner Switch, Power Squeezer Switch
- JC Clean Channel: Volume Knob
- Lead Channel: Type Switch (Acoustic Sim, Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, Metal Stack, Extreme), Gain Knob, Volume Knob
- Equaliser: Bass Knob, Middle Knob, Treble Knob
- EFX/Solo: EFX/Solo Knob (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Solo, Heavy Octave)
- Delay/Reverb: Delay/Reverb Knob (Delay, Reverb, Spring)
- JC Clean Channel
- Lead Channel
- Power Squeezer
- Connectors: Input Jack (1/4" phone type), Aux In Jack (Stereo miniature phone type), Footswitch Jack (Tip:Select, Ring:EFX/Solo) (1/4" TRS phone type), Recording Out/Phones Jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type)
- Power Consumption: 24 Watts
- Accessory: Owner's Manual
- Options: Footswitch (Boss FS-5U, FS-6)
- Size and Weight
- Width: 385 mm 15-3/16 inches
- Depth: 240 mm 9-1/2 inches
- Height: 385 mm 15-3/16 inches
- Weight: 9.0 kg 19 lbs. 14 oz.