Terms and Conditions
All rights including copyright in the content of these Musicroom web pages including all Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are owned or controlled by Musicroom.com and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Musicroom.com or using this Web site for individual non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this Web site including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, broadcasting, downloading, storage or playing in public, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of Musicroom.com is strictly prohibited.
Conditions of Web Site Use
Governing Law and Contract Formation
No contract will subsist between you and Musicroom.com for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until Musicroom.com accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your product. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Musicroom.com sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). For the avoidance of doubt, any such contract will be deemed to have been concluded in the United Kingdom. Further, any such contract will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England, and you and Musicroom.com irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Musicroom.com is a trading name of Music In Print Ltd
Registered No. 1250515
Registered in England
Registered Office: 14-15 Berners Street, London W1T 3LJ, UK
VAT Reg No. GB 417691828
Music In Print Ltd is a member of the Music Sales Group Of Companies.
We aim to ship all items within one working day of receiving your order, though we cannot guarantee this. The vast majority of titles displayed at the Musicroom.com Web site are held in stock by us; where they are not in stock we make every effort to display this information before you place your order.
We will send you an email to confirm your order has been received and whether or not it has been accepted. At anytime, you can see the status of your order by going to the Order Tracking area, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request. Be sure to include your order reference number, if you have it.
Price and availability information displayed on the Musicroom.com web site are subject to change without notice.
Shipments outside the European Union (EU) may be subject to local import charges and taxes, which are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Discounts and Special Offers
All discounts, special offers and promotions are subject to availablity, may be withdrawn or changed without notice, and may not be used in conjunction with any other offers, except where explicitly stated. If an item is subject to two available discounts, Musicroom.com reserves the right to decide which will be applied.
You may not combine any discount obtained through one of our special accounts (such as our Educator’s discount) with any commission you may receive through an Affiliate Agreement between yourself and Musicroom.com.
Musicroom will monitor sales coming from Affiliate links on a regular basis; if we suspect that an Affiliate has received an Affiliate commission and a discount on the same order we will cancel the applicable Affiliate commission and may end the Affiliate relationship between the Affiliate in question and Musicroom.com.
Once a Gift Voucher is purchased it can only be used on Musicroom.com. It is not redeemable in our high street stores.
In order to redeem a Gift Voucher on Musicroom the recipient of the Gift Voucher must have a registered user account on Musicroom. If they do not already have an account they will be asked to create one before they can redeem the Gift Voucher.
When a Gift Voucher is redeemed it will credit the Gift Voucher Balance of the customer using it. This balance will be deducted from the next purchase made by the customer.
A Gift Voucher will only be redeemable in the currency in which it was originally bought. Furthermore, any Gift Voucher Balance resulting from the redemption of a Gift Voucher will be fixed to the currency of that Gift Voucher. It will only be possible to use a Gift Voucher Balance for purchases made in the same currency as that balance.
If a Gift Voucher Balance does not cover the entire cost of a purchase it can be put towards that purchase with the customer paying the remainder.
Gift Vouchers will expire one year from their purchase date, at which point they will no longer be redeemable, where permissible under applicable law.
Gift Voucher Balances on Musicroom will expire on the expiry date of the last redeemed Gift Voucher that contributed to that balance, at which point the balance will be cleared, where permissible under applicable law.
A Gift Voucher has a cash redemption value of 0.001p and is not transferable or assignable.
Gift Vouchers cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers.
Musicroom Card Scheme
1. The Musicroom Card Scheme is operated by Musicroom, a division of Music in Print Ltd, Newmarket Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YB
2. Your Musicroom Card is issued by and remains the property of Musicroom, which reserves the right to decline, issue or withdraw the Card and/or Scheme at any time.
3. Issued Cards are personal to the authorised signatory and not transferable. Musicroom does not issue additional Cards for your account. In addition, reward points are not transferable to other Cards.
4. Your Card cannot be used as a credit card or guarantee card.
5. Membership of the Musicroom Card Scheme is free of charge to customers of Musicroom, but limited to those over 16 years of age.
6. Your Musicroom Card may be applied for and used at all participating Musicroom stores (with the exception of McCullough Piggott, Dublin and City Music, Truro) and online at Musicroom.com only. Purchases and voucher redemption at Musicroom.fr, Musicroom.de, Musicroom.com.au, at our Ebay store, and via our call centre are excluded from the Scheme. Purchases must be made in UK Sterling to qualify.
7. Musicroom reserves the right to take any appropriate action deemed necessary where it is found the Cardholder has used the card in breach of these conditions, including immediate termination of Cards and membership of the Scheme without prior notice.
8. Musicroom reserves the right with prior notice to alter the terms and conditions of the Scheme, and/or withdraw it. Notices regarding altered terms will be displayed on Musicroom.com. A Cardholder may terminate his/her Card at any time.
Collection of Points
9. To collect points in store, Cardholders must produce their Card at the time of the transaction or if the Card is not available at the time of the transaction, within 30 days. For the latter, the presentation of a valid receipt will be required. To collect points online, the Cardholder must use the Musicroom account to which the Card has been registered. Cards can be registered in the Account section of Musicroom.com. Reward points cannot be issued for transactions that are placed using other customer accounts. Cardholders cannot claim points for transactions made prior to joining the Scheme.
10. Points are issued at the rate of 2 for every £1 (one pound) spent. Points are issued within 3 working days of your order being either collected (in store) or sent to you (online). Online, points are rewarded when your order is fully completed and sent out to you. Awarded points will not be shown on order confirmation emails or receipts. If only part of the order can be completed or part is cancelled, a pro-rata amount of points will be rewarded.
11. Musicroom may change the number of points issued for particular products or product ranges.
12. 1 point has a voucher value of 1p (one penny).
13. In the case of returns or cancellations, the equivalent number of points will be deducted from the Card.
14. The current level of points collected can be checked online by logging into the Cardholder’s account online. Points cannot be checked in store.
15. Redemption is by way of vouchers sent to the Cardholder by Musicroom from time to time but at least once every quarter from the date of joining. Points cannot be redeemed directly from the Card.
16. Once a voucher is issued to the Cardholder, the equivalent number of points are deducted from the Card.
17. Vouchers have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred. Vouchers must be used by the expiry date printed on the voucher.
18. Each unique voucher can only be redeemed once. Vouchers may be redeemed in store or online:
vouchers must be presented at the time of the transaction, and redeemed for their full value in a single transaction. Vouchers may not be part-redeemed, and no cash refund will be given for voucher amounts that exceed the transaction value.
vouchers may be redeemed on Musicroom.com by entering the voucher code at the checkout during the purchase. Any part of the voucher value not used will be available for subsequent purchases, as long as the Cardholder uses the same Musicroom account.
Data Protection and Your Personal Information
for more information.
20. By requesting and being issued with a Musicroom Card, Cardholders will be sent vouchers and other promotional material at their specified postal address or by email.
21. Personal information collected may be used to enhance the operation of the Card Scheme and to provide personalised offers and promotions to Cardholders. Personal information is never shared with 3rd parties.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights
Our Returns Policy
At Musicroom.com we want you to be pleased with your purchase every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items, so below is our returns policy.
For Books and Sheet Music:
If for any reason you are displeased with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition, within 30 days, and we will send you a full refund for the price you paid for the item.
For all other items:
We accept the return of all other items only if they are unopened and in their original condition. If you return goods, as detailed below, within 30 days, we will send you a full refund for the price you paid for the item.
You can always return items if they are defective. Please note: we only accept returns of items that have been opened if they are defective. Please see "To return an item" below for details of how to return defective items to us.
Delivery charges for defective items:
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part or because it is defective, we will refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Otherwise you will be responsible for those charges.
To return an item by post:
To return an item, please use our Contact Form or contact our Sales Operators by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephoning or faxing the numbers set out below quoting your reference number. You will be provided with a Returns Number which you must include when sending back your order. This Returns Number is a requirement for all returned orders - without it we cannot provide a refund! Enclose a note giving the reason for the return, wrap the package securely and send the package to the address below. In the case of a defective product, please provide a full description of the fault and return the defective item in its original box (if any), with all warranty cards, licences, manuals and accessories. Then send the package to the address at the bottom of this page.
To return an item in person:
You can return or exchange items in person at any of our high street stores. Be sure to bring the Dispatch Note that was included with your order to receive a full refund. To find your nearest store, please use the Store Locator.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Cancelling an item:
Under the United Kingdom's Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within seven working days of delivery. This applies to all our printed products. However, we regret that we cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of video, DVD, audio, video games and software products where the item has been unsealed or in respect of digitally downloaded items.
To cancel this contract, please fill out the back of the delivery slip that accompanies your items, giving the reason for the return as "Contract Cancellation" and send it to us within 7 working days of delivery. You should then return the relevant item within a reasonable time quoting your name and the order number which appears on the delivery slip. Please package the relevant item securely and send it to us at the following address.
The return address is:
Bury St Edmunds
Non-UK residents: +44 (0) 1284 725725
UK residents : 01284 725725
Non-UK residents: +44 (0) 1284 702592
UK residents : 01284 702592
For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service.
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is faulty.
If we do not receive the item back from you within a reasonable time, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost.
As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of this order, we will refund within 30 days of cancellation the purchase price for that item (including any costs of outward carriage we may have charged you) less, if relevant, any part of the costs of returning the items to us not paid by you or the cost of collection incurred by us.
Full Terms and Conditions