Head of Online Marketing
The UK's leading sheet music and instrument retailer is seeking a Head of Online Marketing to drive online traffic, and manage all aspects of promotion, advertising, social media marketing, customer acquisition and loyalty.
The successful candidate will be degree-educated, possess excellent communication skills and will have retail experience in online and direct marketing techniques. A sound knowledge of commercial principles whilst maintaining creativity is essential. Musical ability and a passion for music would be very desirable.
Ultimately the challenge is to assist with driving sales within a dynamic music company with a record of rapid revenue growth.
Main Duties to include:
- Manage the UK based team including UK Marketing Manager, International Marketing Manager, Designer, Social Strategist and Education Marketing Manager, as well as overseeing the running of the Musicroom Australia site.
- Manage promotion schedule, and develop inspiring multi-channel customer promotions, special offers and incentives, including managing the design of marketing collateral.
- Drive and coordinate multi-channel activities (including international online regions), such as new product launches, pricing activities, and loyalty programs.
- Manage substantial PPC accounts, marketplace vendors, SEO optimization vendors and other affiliate vendor relationships, including analysing data and providing guidance to the PPC agency.
- Improve search engine rankings through ongoing SEO enhancements.
- Establish and monitor a search engine strategy that includes identifying top performing keywords, optimising the website, generating quality link partners and creating engaging copy and landing pages.
- Manage and drive forward the ongoing video content strategy, including our music show ‘the Breakdown Sessions’.
- Manage and expand an extensive affiliate network. Including monitoring program performance, communicating with affiliates and researching new initiatives to grow the program further.
- Expand social media strategy; drive engaging editorial content strategy to drive traffic and improve natural search engine rankings.
- Plan and execute frequent email campaigns to targeted customer segments. (Including managing the creation of targeted creative and reporting & analysis of performance.)
- Gathering in depth customer information and defining customer segmentation parameters.
- Use website analytics, sales reports and bid management software, to understand customer behaviour and monitor the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Identify improvements and opportunities to further drive business objectives to increase conversion and sales.
- Competitive and market analysis, particularly reporting on new marketing initiatives and trends.
- Prepare and present to Board members daily, weekly and monthly trading reports.
- Degree, preferably in Marketing
- 5-10 years experience in Marketing and Management
- Strong ecommerce experience
- Proven skills in writing copy that sells
- Proven ability to coordinate and lead teams
- Key experience will include developing and executing online marketing activities including project management, managing outside agencies and the ability to prioritise when under pressure
- Experience of Search Engine Optimisation and basic techniques
- Experience of Pay Per Click Marketing
- Experience of web affiliates and online advertising campaigns
- Knowledge of selling via international market places (Amazon, eBay etc)
- Editing, copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience of website metrics, models and optimisation
- Detail oriented and dynamic self starter
- Adaptable, flexible and passionate
- Excellent communication skills
- International business experience with both direct and indirect sales channels
- Proven ability to segment customers effectively
- History of sales and income growth due to strong marketing strategy and execution
- Passion for music and ability to play an instrument
- Ability to read sheet music
We are looking for an experienced Digital Designer to work across a variety of E-commerce and other digital platforms. As Digital Designer, you will work closely with the Managing Director and Head of Online Marketing to drive the creative strategy for the company’s digital business, as well as working with both internal and external development teams on front- end template- building and advising on UX and UI best practice.
The Digital Designer role is an exciting position that will see the successful candidate working on multiple projects; from designing our new website and innovative digital music features and applications, to helping drive the mobile design principles and strategy. The site will be implementing ambitious social media and community features that will move the business in new directions with huge growth potential. We’re looking for a creative visionary to help us evolve the aesthetic and usability of the site to match our expansion plans. The Digital Designer will be at the heart of all of these highly innovative projects. This will be both a challenging and highly rewarding role for the right candidate.
Main Duties to include:
- Working with the Managing Director and Head of Online Marketing to drive the creative strategy of the digital business.
- Design and implement digital assets for the E-commerce platform (including mobile and tablet).
- Design supporting digital marketing materials for the marketing team.
- Lead the front end build and UX testing of all digital platforms.
- Exceptional visual design style.
- Expertise in graphical design tools and packages, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- A track record in designing cutting- edge E-commerce websites and other digital platforms including Apps for iOS, Android and other mobile devices.
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge (including HTML5).
- Experience in UX and the science behind designing for the optimal user experience.
- Experience of all modern digital design techniques and best practices such as responsive design and ‘mobile first’ practices.
- Ability to design and build marketing materials such as e-shots, banners, social media plug-ins etc.
- A strong knowledge of SEO best practices and how to design for SEO.
- Musical ability and a passion for music.
- Strong copy-writing skills.
Social Media/Digital Content Manager
We are looking for an experienced Social Media/Digital Content Manager to join the rapidly expanding Musicroom digital team in our London Head Office. The successful candidate will help to define, set and deliver the social media and digital content strategy for Musicroom.com in collaboration with the Head of Online Marketing . The candidate will have experience in a similar role within an e-commerce and/or entertainment company and be well- versed in all emerging digital marketing trends and technologies.
The Social Media/Digital Content Manager will set the strategy and lead the implementation and subsequent development of an ambitious social media community that will move the site into new directions with huge growth potential. This is both a challenging and rewarding position for the right candidate.
Main Duties to include:
- Working with the Head of Online Marketing to define, set and deliver the social media/digital marketing strategy for Musicroom.com
- Working across multiple teams within the Music Sales Group to create content in various forms to support the release of printed and digital sheet music products.
- Managing all social media channels for Musicroom.com, setting tone of voice, rules of engagement for the Customer Services and retail marketing teams, as well as the Musicroom.com digital team.
- Assisting in the development and promotion of the newly-created video content strategy via our dedicated online TV channel.
- Developing the strategy for and managing the forthcoming Musicroom.com online community.
- A track record in developing and delivering cutting edge social strategies that drive engagement, traffic and sales conversions.
- Experience selling- in social and digital marketing strategies to internal stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of all major social channels, along with desktop- and web- based social aggregation tools and reporting systems.
- Excellent copy-writing skills.
- Detailed knowledge of the digital marketing and eE-commerce landscapes, with demonstrable skills in building brands via various digital channels
- Knowledge of - and experience in - rolling out large-scale video content projects.
- Online community experience.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Musical ability and a passion for music.
- HTML and CSS knowledge.
- French and German language skills.
We offer work experience placements to people of all ages who want to learn more about working in e-commerce. Experience can be gained in all areas of the business - technical, editorial and marketing. If you are interested, please send an email detailing the nature of your interest in Musicroom.com together with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
We also offer paid placements. These are commonly awarded to students seeking internships as part of their University courses. Students from overseas can apply for these roles but need to have at least a basic understanding of business English. If you are interested in this scheme please follow the procedure outlined for work experience applications above. Please note that if you are applying from outside the UK you will need to arrange your own accommodation for the duration of your temporary employment with Musicroom.com.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.