We are looking for an experienced Digital Designer to work across a variety of E-commerce and other digital platforms. As Digital Designer, you will work closely with the Managing Director and Head of Online Marketing to drive the creative strategy for the company’s digital business, as well as working with both internal and external development teams on front- end template- building and advising on UX and UI best practice.
The Digital Designer role is an exciting position that will see the successful candidate working on multiple projects; from designing our new website and innovative digital music features and applications, to helping drive the mobile design principles and strategy. The site will be implementing ambitious social media and community features that will move the business in new directions with huge growth potential. We’re looking for a creative visionary to help us evolve the aesthetic and usability of the site to match our expansion plans. The Digital Designer will be at the heart of all of these highly innovative projects. This will be both a challenging and highly rewarding role for the right candidate.
Main Duties to include:
- Working with the Managing Director and Head of Online Marketing to drive the creative strategy of the digital business.
- Design and implement digital assets for the E-commerce platform (including mobile and tablet).
- Design supporting digital marketing materials for the marketing team.
- Lead the front end build and UX testing of all digital platforms.
- Exceptional visual design style.
- Expertise in graphical design tools and packages, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- A track record in designing cutting- edge E-commerce websites and other digital platforms including Apps for iOS, Android and other mobile devices.
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge (including HTML5).
- Experience in UX and the science behind designing for the optimal user experience.
- Experience of all modern digital design techniques and best practices such as responsive design and ‘mobile first’ practices.
- Ability to design and build marketing materials such as e-shots, banners, social media plug-ins etc.
- A strong knowledge of SEO best practices and how to design for SEO.
- Musical ability and a passion for music.
- Strong copy-writing skills.
We offer work experience placements to people of all ages who want to learn more about working in e-commerce. Experience can be gained in all areas of the business - technical, editorial and marketing. If you are interested, please send an email detailing the nature of your interest in Musicroom.com together with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
We also offer paid placements. These are commonly awarded to students seeking internships as part of their University courses. Students from overseas can apply for these roles but need to have at least a basic understanding of business English. If you are interested in this scheme please follow the procedure outlined for work experience applications above. Please note that if you are applying from outside the UK you will need to arrange your own accommodation for the duration of your temporary employment with Musicroom.com.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.