If you've been having problems using Musicroom.com, and haven't found an answer in our help pages, look no further! There's a good chance you'll find an answer here...
If you still can't find an answer to your problem here, click on the Live Help button or just email email@example.com, and we will try to solve it as quickly as possible.
Digital Store FAQ
iPad App FAQ
Payment, Shipping and Charges
Do you sell CDs? What do you sell?
No. We do not sell Vinyl or CD albums or singles.
We sell sheet music, books about music, instruments, and other accessories for musicians. Our sheet music catalogue includes classical and pop music, tuition books and backing tracks, and music for schools.
I can't find it, does that mean you don't have it?
No, not necessarily. Read our pages on search methods and tips and effective browsing
If you still can't find what you're looking for, just email firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have it at musicroom.com, we'll tell you how to find it; if we do not, we will endeavour to find it for you.
Order a catalogue
To order a catalogue, send your name and address in an email to email@example.com.
Hiring orchestral or choral parts
If you run an orchestra, choir or other musical group and need to hire parts for works we don't stock for sale, try the Chester-Novello website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass on your request to the relevant people.
I need to license a school/youth theatre performance. Who do I contact?
If you need permission to perform a work at a concert or for your school, you can fill out the Music Sales Licensing Application Form.
Set up an account
You don't need to set up an account with Musicroom until you actually buy something. To set up an account without purchasing, visit the Account Page You can personalise the site to your individual tastes, manage your address book, view the status of your recent orders and more.
Change newsletter subscription details
To remove an email address from our mailing list, you can use the link at the bottom of the last newsletter you received.
If your email address has changed, unsubscribe your old address as above, then add your new email address using the Subscription Form on the site.
Alternatively, you can email us with your new details, and we will update our records.
Musicroom Digital iPad App FAQ
Is the app compatible with my iPad?
Purchasing Issue on iOS 9
We've become aware that some customers using iOS 9 are experiencing issues when purchasing scores through the app.
The problem occurs when a customer taps on the price button to purchase the score, but then cannot enter the iTunes password because the keyboard does not pop-up.
If you're experiencing this issue, here's what you can do:
1. Tap on the score preview to open it full screen:
2. Tap on the price button and enter your password in the pop-up to confirm your purchase:
The latest version of the Musicroom Digital iPad app is compatible with iPad 2 or later with iOS 6 or later and looks like this
The previous version of the Musicroom for iPad app is compatible with the original iPad with iOS 4 or iOS 5 and looks like this:
If you have an original iPad you'll still be able to use the previous version of the app, but you won't be able to upgrade to the latest one. This is because new features that are used by the app are only supported by Apple in iOS 6 or later.
App crashes on start-up
If your Musicroom for iPad app crashes right after start-up, it's most likely because the score database became corrupted during the update.
Please delete the app from your iPad and then re-install it again from App Store. This will re-create the score database and your scores will be synced again after you log into the app using your Musicroom username and password.
If this doesn't resolve the problem, please let us know and we'll look into it right away.
Printing sheet music from iPad
It is not currently possible to print your purchases directly from your iPad. However, all of your purchases can be printed from our website, musicroom.com. To print you music please follow the steps on How to print.
Sheet music isn't showing in Library after the app update
We have identified an issue that affects a limited number of our customers where sheet music purchased before isn't showing in the app's Library any more.
If you have been affected by this issue and urgently need to access your music, please contact us and we'll help you restore your sheet music.
How to find out MAC address on iPad
If our Customer Service team has asked you to provide your iPad's MAC address, here's what you'll need to do:
- Open Settings.
- Tap "General".
- Tap “About”.
- Look for “Wifi Address”. It will look something like this: 4C:B21:99:16:58:0E - this will be your MAC address.
How to import scores on iPad
You can now import your own scanned scores in PDF into Library of Musicroom for iPad app. This is a convenient way to have all digital music you own in one place. Here's how to do it.
1. Connect your iPad to iTunes and click on the "iPad" icon in the top-right corner of iTunes window:
2. From the Summary window, click on the "Apps" button:
3. On the Apps screen, scroll down to "File Sharing" options. You should see Musicroom app there. Select it and then click "Add..." button:
4. Navigate to the PDF score that you want to import from your computer and click "Open". It is possible to select several PDFs at once:
5. The imported score should appear in the right window. Click "Sync" button to sync the score to your iPad:
6. Disconnect your iPad and open Musicroom app. Go to Library and you'll find your score there. In this tutorial we've imported "Canon" by Johann Pachelbel and then simply searched for it in the Library:
Can't see anything in my basket or at the checkout
In order for the basket and checkout process to work, your browser must be set up to accept cookies. Follow the relevant path below to check this:
Internet Explorer version 6
Advanced Internet Explorer version 5
Custom Level Internet Explorer version 4
Advanced Netscape Navigator
If changing your cookie settings doesn't work, re-set them to default.
Cookies are tiny files that Musicroom sends to your browser and are stored on your computer. They enable the site keep track of the contents of your shopping basket and your currency preferences, so that we know who you are and what you're ordering. They are completely harmless.
If this does not resolve the problem, go back to the page from which you added the product to your basket and check that the web address in your browser's address bar starts http://www.musicroom.com. If it does not, then replace the address with http://www.musicroom.com and start again.
Can't change currency
If you're having trouble changing currency it may be because your browser is not set up to accept cookies. See above to check and fix this.
Can't see/hear the video/audio samples
The product pages for some of our videos and DVDs, and sheet music books which include CDs, feature audio or video samples to allow you to see or hear a bit before you buy. If they don't work, you will need to download and install RealPlayer.
To play RealPlayer media files from our site, after installing Real Player it is sometimes necessary to make an adjustment under Tools > Preferences > Content > Media Types > Advanced, under Other Media > Real Time Streaming Protocol (towards the bottom of the scroll window, 6th item down). This is sometimes set to none depending on the configuration options one selects when installing RealPlayer. Tick the box to associate Real-Time Streaming Protocol with RealPlayer. Our RealMedia samples should then stream successfully. If the above-mentioned box is not ticked then your browser will show a "Page cannot be displayed" error.
Payment, Shipping and Charges
Payment methods we accept
Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta, American Express, Carta Si, Dankort, Eurocard and Paypal
You can place your order with us and arrange to give us your credit card details by phone or fax, or send us a cheque or postal order. If your bank is in the EU, we can also accept Bank Transfers.
Put the item(s) you want to order in your basket, and proceed to the checkout as usual. When you get to the payment page, select the 'Phone/Fax/Cheque/Bank Transfer' option. You can then submit your order and arrange payment. Your order will be sent out as soon as we have received and verified payment. Note that payments made in this way can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling.
VAT and sales tax
No. You do not have to pay VAT (Value Added Tax) or any other tax on any sheet music or books purchased from Musicroom.com. VAT on other items is already included in the price, depending on the item and your location.
Getting an invoice or receipt for files
You can go to Order Tracking and print a copy of your Order Summary page if you need something for your records. You will need your email address and Musicroom password in order to log in.
- Card Refused: Some card-issuers are very strict with internet card use. If you don't make online purchases at this sort of site very often they sometimes refuse the transaction, even if there are funds available. If you are in North America this is even more likely as we are based in the UK. A number of US companies don't process international orders unless you specifically ask them to. If you have checked your details and they are all correct, we suggest you contact your card-issuer and ask them to authorise the transaction, then try your order again.
- Authorisation Call: Sometimes the card issuer wants us to verify the transaction by telephone. Obviously, as an online merchant we cannot do this. You will need to contact them and ask them to authorise it, then try again.
- Inconsistencies In Your Details: We employ strict safety checks. Sometimes your transaction may be authorised, but your order is still be held up at the last stage, because of a discrepancy in your details. Please contact us to verify your order.
Alternatively, you may have filled in some of your details incorrectly. Check the following details and try again:
- Invalid State (US or Canada): If you're from the USA, make sure you enter the name of your State in full. If you're from Canada, enter the correct 2 letter code.
- Invalid email address: We need a valid email address from you in order to inform you of your order's progress. It must contain one "@" symbol.
- Credit Card Details: Check that you've entered the same name and number as appear on your card. Don't include an issue number unless you are using a Switch, Maestro or Solo debit card, but make sure you do enter an expiry date.
Try your details again. If your order is still declined, phone 01284 725 725.
My order has gone wrong! Can I get a refund?
You may not need to: Although our processing system checks and clears your card when you enter your details, we do not actually charge your card until after your order has been sent out. Be sure to email us as soon as possible so we can cancel the order before it is sent.
If your order has not gone through, or has been declined, then you will not be charged for it.
If you have made a duplicate order by mistake, email us and we will cancel it for you.
Order hasn't arrived
Check our Order Status page (you will need the email address and password you used to set up your account):
If it says Completed then we have sent it out - check with your local sorting office to see if they have it.
If it says Processing then we may be waiting for more stock - email us to find out.
Only received part of an order
We are waiting for more copies of one of the titles you ordered. We have sent you most of your order, and will send the rest on as soon as it arrives. Your card will not be charged until everything you ordered has been shipped.
Video doesn't work
All the video cassettes we stock are in European PAL format, and will not play on normal North American (NTSC) video players. It is possible to purchase a converter which will enable you to watch PAL tapes on NTSC machines, but if you can't get hold of one, please email us.
Incidentally, all our DVDs are coded Region '0', in other words they should work all over the world, although they may not work in older DVD players which are region-specific. If you do have problems with a DVD you have bought from Musicroom, please email us and we will arrange a replacement.