Focusrite have announced an exciting new road and studio ready interface which will soon be available at Musicroom.
The Scarlett 2i4 is the latest in a new generation of USB interfaces from Focusrite. Built to last, to perform and to impress, the Scarlett 2i4 meets the demands and needs of the modern day musician, composer or digital DJ head on, and is ideal for use on the road, in the studio or for making music at home.
Watch the Focusrite release video below:
Alongside the popular 2i2 and other products in the range, the Scarlett 2i4 comes in an elegant, road-ready anodised aluminium unibody case that looks as good as it is tough.
Sound and recording quality is excellent too, with two Focusrite preamps, latency-free direct monitoring and ring LED signal indicators that ensure you always know the health and strength of your incoming signals.
A high-performance headphone out and four RCA phono outputs (two of which can also be made available through balanced TRS sockets) make Scarlett 2i4 ideal for digital DJs and computer musicians thanks to the unit’s flexible monitoring options – outputs 1 & 2 cane be sent to the main PA with 3 & 4 left available for cueing, or all four can be sent to the mixer depending on a performer’s needs.
For those looking for a digital instrument or mic interface, the Scarlett 2i4 doesn’t disappoint, with two Neutrik combi inputs, MIDI in and out and switchable phantom power and 10dB pad settings on inputs.
Software is also included, with Ableton Live Lite, the Xcite+ Pack and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in suite all bundled in with the Scarlett 2i4 hardware.
Check out the list of key features below:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates clipping)
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite
What are you looking for in a new USB interface? What do you make of Focusrite’s new Scarlett 2i4 model?
1,075 total views, 3 views today